Ice Melt XM – Non-Corrosive Magic Ice Melt Deicer 10Kg Bags – 100 x 10Kgs per pallet
This product is 100% Technical Coated Urea Prills. The prills react with Ice virtually instantly on contact. Spread the Ice Melt De-Icer before Ice is due to prevent Ice forming. Ice Melt XM is used extensively by Rail Companies, Car Industry & Nationally for Car Park Deicing. Safe to use on Rebar Concrete & Newly Laid Concrete.
Faster, Greener, Safer than Salt. Will Not Track White Marks, Scratch Terrazzo Flooring & Contains No Fillers, Crushed Rock or other Contaminants.
*Delivery Details: Price includes delivery to Mainland UK. Some areas attract a carriage surcharge (Highlands, N Ireland, some areas of South West and Islands – Isle of Man etc.). Bulk pallets go by economy road freight – usually 3-4 working days. If you require a faster delivery please call 01284 810887 for further information.
IMPORTANT NOTE: When ordering: please ensure you advise in “Special Instructions” if a Tail Lift is required when you take delivery, otherwise it will be assumed you have a Fork Lift for offloading.
Please click on the link below to download Safety Data Sheet
DS030 Ice Melt xm – Rev 5
Coverage: As a rough guide:
Thin Ice <2mm:- 10kgs per 1000m2 depending on application method and conditions.
Thicker Ice >2mm:- 5Kgs per 250m2 depending on application method and conditions.
Can be applied using a lawn spreader.
De Icer must be kept well sealed and dry. Will keep between seasons if stored in an air tight container or tub.
How to get the Best out of Ice Melt XM De-icer:
Follow these simple steps to reduce consumption and get the best from the Professional Ice Melt XM:
WHEN ICE HAS FORMED ALREADY:-
- Clear any excess loose snow as this simply dilutes the product and makes it ineffective.
- When you have exposed the residual ice, scatter the deicer prills evenly over the surface. Dilution rates are difficult to recommend as it depends on the ice thickness. At about 2.0mm of ice, use about 1kg per 50 sq metres.
Works almost instantly and keeps working for 2-3 hours.
- Excess ice can then be readily moved with a spade or shovel without any undue pressure. If not, re-apply or leave a couple of hours longer.
Do not then rinse the surface as any residual Ice Melt XM will cling to the surface and help prevent re-icing.
WHEN ICE IS EXPECTED:-
- Sprinkle the Ice Melt at a rate of approx 1kg per 25 sq m onto a dry surface ensuring that no rain or wet snow is falling. Do not use in very windy conditions as product may blow away.
- When temperatures drop below freezing, Ice Melt XM is activated and will prevent freezing for up to 36 hours depending on conditions.