Magic Ice Melt Granules are Urea-based slow dissolving Granule Prills that react with Ice to melt it in-situ to promote easy removal or can be laid to prevent Ice Forming.
Rapid Action – Rapidly and effectively de-ices frozen surfaces immediately on contact by releasing energy in the form of heat.
Preventative – Can be used as a preventative against frost, ice and snow by application prior to the onset of wintery conditions.
Long Lasting – unlike Rock Salt, Ice Melt retains its ability to work for up to 36 Hours.
Dual Action – works to -15oC by acting from the top down and the bottom up to melt Ice.
Salt Free & Non-Corrosive – Contains no salt or filler or grit.
Safe – Due to the temperature range it can work in Ice Melt is ideal for all safety critical areas such as reception areas, doorways, walkways, building entrances, external stairways, car park walkways, station platforms and is safe to use on Rebar and New Concrete. Biodegradable, Non-Toxic and Safe for Children, Animals, Plants & the Environment
Economical – Up to 10x more effective than rock salt. Only a small amount of its particles is required to ensure rapid thawing.
Easy to Use – Simply spread Ice Melt evenly over the frozen surface for a rapid thawing action. As a preventative, apply prior to the onset of frost, ice and snow.
Resists re-freezing far better than Salt
Leaves No White Track Marks that you get with Salt based products.
100% Active Ice Melt – No Filler or Grit
Please click on the link below to download Safety Data Sheet.
DS030 Ice Melt xm – Rev 5
As a rough guide:
Thin Ice <2mm:- 10kgs per 1000m2 depending on application method and conditions.
Thicker Ice >2mm:- 5Kgs per 250m2 depending on application method and conditions.
Can be applied using a lawn spreader.
Must be kept well sealed and dry. Will keep between seasons if stored in an air tight container or tub.
HOW TO GET THE BEST OUT OF ICE MELT XM
Follow these simple steps to reduce consumption and get the best from the Professional Ice Melt XM:
WHEN ICE HAS FORMED ALREADY:-
- Clear any excess loose snow as this simply dilutes the product and makes it ineffective.
- When you have exposed the residual ice, scatter the prills evenly over the surface. Dilution rates are difficult to recommend as it depends on the ice thickness. At about 2.0mm of ice, use about 1kg per 50 sq metres.
Works almost instantly and keeps working for 2-3 hours.
- Excess ice can then be readily moved with a spade or shovel without any undue pressure. If not, re-apply or leave a couple of hours longer.
Do not then rinse the surface as any residual Ice Melt XM will cling to the surface and help prevent re-icing.
WHEN ICE IS EXPECTED:-
- Sprinkle the Ice Melt at a rate of approx 1kg per 25 sq m onto a dry surface ensuring that no rain or wet snow is falling. Do not use in very windy conditions as product may blow away.
- When temperatures drop below freezing, Ice Melt XM is activated and will prevent freezing for up to 36 hours depending on conditions.